We usually meet on the third Thursday of each month, but check the calendar dates below at The Woodworkers Club located at 11910-L Parklawn Drive, Rockville, MD 20852. In addition, we also hold open carving sessions from 3:00-6:00PM prior to the meetings. Members gather informally and work on carving projects of their choosing and take the opportunity to socialize with other carvers.
The general meeting agenda is:
- 6:30-7:00 – Setup, registration, Show & Tell setup, socialization
- 7:00-7:15 – Business Meeting
- 7:15-7:45 – Show & Tell
- 7:45-9:00 – Featured Demonstration/Presentation
Our meetings are usually held on the third Thursday of each month.
2019 MCC Meeting Dates
- 6/20/2019 – Member Carving Photo Shoot (Dale Hall) and Sharpening Clinic (Bert Bleckwenn)
- 7/11/2019 – One Week Earlier Than Usual! – Southeast Alaska Native Woodcarving (Ed Kerns)
Introduction to southeast Alaska heritage, carvings and techniques.
- 8/15/2019 – No Meeting – Come to the Fair instead!
- 9/19/2019 – Using Scroll Saw with Carving (Dale Hall and John Laffan)
- 10/17/2019 – Group Carving – Simple Easy Bird Carving
(Ed Kerns) We will use a YouTube video to guide us on
starting a simple bird project. Bring your carving knife and gouges. Basswood rough-outs will be provided. Take your work home to detail and finish it as you like. Bring your finished bird to the next meeting to share.
- 11/21/2019 – Sharpening and Honing Techniques – Group Share
- 12/19/2019 – TBD
MCC Meetings/Demonstrators and Classes/Special Events
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details.
For directions and information on The Woodworkers Club, check out the following information:
- Phone: 1-301-984-9033
- Website: http://woodworkersclub.com
Hours of operation:
- Monday – Friday: 10 am – 9 pm
- Saturday: 10 am – 6 pm
- Sunday: 10 am – 5 pm