We meet each month either in-person or via Zoom depending on the current local health conditions. An email is sent on the first of each month specifying whether the meeting will be in-person or virtually via Zoom.
We meet on the third Thursday of each month, per the calendar dates below at The Woodworkers Club located at 11910-L Parklawn Drive, Rockville, MD 20852.
In addition, when we meet in-person, we also hold face-to-face open carving sessions from 3:00-6:00PM prior to the meetings. Members gather informally and work on carving projects of their choosing and take the opportunity to socialize with other carvers. Several members grab a quick bit to eat at local restuarants between the open carve session and the meeting and everyone is welcome to join.
The general meeting agenda is:
- 6:30-7:00 – Setup, registration, Show & Tell setup, socialization
- 7:00-7:15 – Business Meeting
- 7:15-7:45 – Show & Tell
- 7:45-9:00 – Featured Demonstration/Presentation
Our meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month.
2023 MCC Meeting Dates (In-Person or Virtual via Zoom)
- April 20, 2023. MCC meeting “Painting with Acrylics” demonstration by Ed Kerns
- April 29-30. Gas and Steam Engine Show, Agricultural History Farm Park
- May 18, 2023. MCC meeting “The carvings of Grinling Gibbons” talk by Val Hildebrand.
- June 15, 2023. MCC meeting “Carving a Penguin” a carve along project led by John Laffan
- July 20, 2023. MCC meeting “Carving tips from members and Montgomery County Fair primer”
- August, 2023. Join us at the Montgomery County Agricultural Fair. Aug 11-19
- September 21, 2023. MCC meeting “Carving a simple Relief Carving” a carve along project
- October 19, 2023. MCC meeting “Advanced painting techniques” demonstration by Bert Bleckwenn
- November 16, 2023. MCC meeting “Carve Together Holiday Ornaments” – the club will provide designs and blanks, Carve at the meeting, then take it home to finish and paint in time to show it at the December meeting
- December 21, 2023. MCC meeting “Show Your Carved Holiday Ornaments from November 2023 and from Before” also Club Holiday PotLuck
Periodically, a Sharpening Clinic is offered during the face-to-face Open Carve to aid members in tuning up their tools and improve their sharpening skills.
Email email@example.com for additional details.
For directions and information on The Woodworkers Club, check out the following information:
Click for Directions to The Woodworkers Club
The Woodworkers Club contact information is:
- Phone: 1-301-984-9033
- Website: http://woodworkersclub.com
Hours of operation:
- Monday – Friday: 10 am – 9 pm
- Saturday: 10 am – 6 pm
- Sunday: 10 am – 5 pm