We are a new carving club formed in 2014 with members originating from Maryland’s Montgomery County and other adjacent counties in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia. We meet monthly and hold monthly open carving sessions. As part of our monthly meetings we host featured demonstrations and/or presentations conducted by members, local/regional carvers or nationally-recognized carvers. We strive to offer a full variety of carving disciplines and styles so there is always something new to be learned, regardless of skill levels. We conduct Show & Tell during our meetings where members can show off their latest work.
We also sponsor classes in concert with The Woodworkers Club which supports us with a variety of capabilities including: a Woodcraft retail store, membership-only woodworking equipment access, bench areas, classrooms and turning areas.
Member profiles include:
- A wide variety of skill levels and experience ranging from: totally new to carving, novice, intermediate, advanced as well as professional carvers
- Members have both experience in and/or interest in a full range of carving disciplines including
- Bird Carving
- Wildlife Carving
- Caricature Carving
- Chip Carving
- Furniture Carving
- Sculptural Carving
- Carving on Turnings
- Spoon Carving
To join the Montgomery County Carvers (MCC), just show up for one of our meetings and check us out without obligation. If you decide to join, annual dues are $20/year. We also prorate dues on a quarterly basis, so now is a good time to join. Whenever we have out of town presenters, we also charge a nominal fee of $10 to cover additional demonstrator costs and are paid at the meeting.
Membership benefits include:
- Participation in monthly meetings
- Participation in Open Carving Sessions
- Opportunities to participate in special classes and events sponsored by MCC
- Discounts on special/volume purchases
- Great Camaraderie